How to transfer a deed upon death - with a will

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 10-16-2009 9:07 PM by adjuster jack. 1 replies.
  • 10-16-2009 3:20 PM

How to transfer a deed upon death - with a will

I have a question about how to transfer a deed upon the death of an individual who had a will. My great aunt died, leaving me her real property. No one is contesting the will, nor would they - we have been living there for years and all of the family knew 20+ years ago that we were to inherit the home. In any case, now that my great aunt has passed away and I have submitted the papers to probate the will, how do I go about transferring the deed into my name?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Jennifer

• 10-16-2009 9:07 PM In reply to

Re: How to transfer a deed upon death - with a will

Wyattsmom1:
    No one is contesting the will, nor would they - we have been living there for years and all of the family knew 20+ years ago that we were to inherit the home.

That's 100% irrelevant. It's what the will says that counts.

Wyattsmom1:
    I have submitted the papers to probate the will

Are you the executor?

Did you receive papers from the court acknowledging you as representative of  the estate?

If you did, then those papers give you the power to sign a deed for the estate as grantor to you as grantee, and then record the deed. You might have to record your court papers along with the deed to support your authority to do the transfer but I don't know that for sure.

If somebody else in the family is the executor it's up to that person to do the transfer of ownership from the estate to you.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community