Auto Straw Purchase

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:48 PM by will206. 5 replies.
  • Sun, Nov 1 2009 3:26 AM

• will206
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 30 2009
    • WA
    • Posts 10

Auto Straw Purchase

I know a car straw purchase is illegal and that its a type of fraud...so how much time car you get if convicted of a straw purchase and since its a type of fraud is it going to be considered as a felony??

• Sun, Nov 1 2009 10:18 AM In reply to

Re: Auto Straw Purchase

will206:
    I know a car straw purchase is illegal and that its a type of fraud

Really?

How do you "know" that?

Have you read it in a statute? Can you cite the statute?

If you are referring to the deal with your friend that you explained in:

http://community.lawye...

There was nothing illegal about that deal.

Foolish, but not illegal.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:25 PM In reply to

• will206
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • WA
    • Posts 10

Yeah thats what I'm talking about, I just typed in "straw purchase" on google and I read that it is fraud...secondly my friends girl friend and him keep talking about they are taking me to court to get back all the money they paid into the car and they didn't pay for 2 months thats why I had to take the car back...

• Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:34 PM In reply to

It would be fraud if your intent was to defraud the lender or the dealer.  Or if THEIR intent was to defraud YOU.  At this point the only thing you may be facing is that you repoed the vehicle without going through due process first but the only thing the judge may see that is as "splitting hairs" since they were already two months behind on the payments and the finance company would have done the same exact thing. 

Bottom line is it's a civil matter and if they want to be foolish enough to try and sue for the car payments they made for the time they used the car then let them try.  They won't get far.  If they tried to sue a commercial lender for the payments after repoing the car they would lose too.  Try that argument on them.  See if they fold.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:51 PM In reply to

will206:
    Yeah thats what I'm talking about, I just typed in "straw purchase" on google and I read that it is fraud

Trust me, whatever you read on the internet doesn't apply to you. At least unless you read a particular statute that describes exactly what you did.

Anyway, if it was fraud, you're the one who committed it. You bought the car, you financed the car, you turned the car over to your friend. Do you still think it's fraud.

will206:
    secondly my friends girl friend and him keep talking about they are taking me to court to get back all the money they paid

As long as they are TALKING they aren't DOING.

And as long as you keep talking to them, you'll only aggravate yourself.

I suggest you stop talking and ignore them.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:48 PM In reply to

• will206
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • WA
    • Posts 10

• ClydesMom...I will make that argument with them and I know they will have a different view after I say that to them

Jack...I was referring to myself when I was asking about the fraud part not them...they are just idiots in my opinion if they think a judge will agree with them because like you guys said a bank would of done the same thing since they where 2 months behind going on 3

Thanks for all of your guys input it is very much appreciated!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community