Burglary-Building; Felony F, 1st offense will I get jail tim

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Sat, Dec 5 2009 6:37 PM by lane367. 3 replies.
  • Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:19 PM

• lane367
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 20 2009
    • WI
    • Posts 2

Burglary-Building; Felony F, 1st offense will I get jail tim

I am a 40 year old in Wisconsin and have been charged with Burglary to a business, noone was there.  Felony F.  I have never been in trouble in my life.  I have had a good paying job for the past 5 years.  I made a dumb decision with my partner.  My question is what are my chances of getting probation.  Do you think I will do any jail/prison time.  Thanks

• Thu, Nov 19 2009 10:44 PM In reply to

Re: Burglary-Building; Felony F, 1st offense will I get jail...

lane367:
    I have never been in trouble in my life. I have had a good paying job for the past 5 years. I made a dumb decision with my partner.

Every criminal who posts here says stuff like that.

lane367:
    My question is what are my chances of getting probation. Do you think I will do any jail/prison time.

A criminal attorney can better answer that.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Fri, Nov 20 2009 5:03 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, a lot of theft crimes are the result of stupid decisions. But, of course, that doesn't do much to mitigate the crime. Whether you might get jail/prison time depends on the circumstances and the actual offense you are ultimately convicted of. The fact that they charged it as a felony tells you that jail or prison time is a distinct possibility. According to the WI statutes, a Class F felony is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000, imprisonment for up to 12 years and 6 months, or both. WI statute 939.50(3)(f). On the other hand, since you are not a repeat offender, there is no mandatory minimum and the court is authorized to impose probation instead. Thus, if convicted of this crime, your sentence could be anything from a fine and/or probation to 12 and half years in prison. The circumstances of the crime and the attitude of the sentencing judge are important, and without knowing that, no one here can guess the outcome. See a local criminal defense attorney for help. Facing a felony, you don't want to do this by yourself.

• Sat, Dec 5 2009 6:37 PM In reply to

• lane367
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 20 2009
    • WI
    • Posts 2

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community