Eviction length on rental history?

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Nov 26 2009 10:04 AM by adjuster jack. 2 replies.
  • Thu, Nov 26 2009 1:57 AM

Eviction length on rental history?

I had an eviction on 11/21/2002. I went to rent an apartment thinking that the 7 years had passed and would not be on my record. To my surprise the rental application came back with the eviction. I was told by the apartment complex I tried to rent from that I should call the people they go thru which is On-Site.com. I called and finally got to talk to someone. They told me that there was one on there and it would be off January 1. By my math it should be off now. Am I missing something? There is nothing on my credit report as far as judgements against me. I made a mistake in my past and am trying to get it taken care of so I can rebuild my life. If there is any advice on who to talk to or how to get rid of it or if I just have to wait til January any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Thu, Nov 26 2009 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: Eviction length on rental history?

Entries don't come off 7 years to the day. There is some processing time involved and 11/21 to 1/1 is certainly not unreasonable.

Besides,

flawless06tahoe:
    There is nothing on my credit report as far as judgements against me.

is not entirely correct.

If the eviction was filed in court, and the court issued a paper that said get out, then that's a judgment.

According to the FCRA 605 (a) (2)

• Civil suits, civil judgments, and records of arrest that from date of entry, antedate the report by more than seven years or until the governing statute of limita­tions has expired, whichever is the longer period.

CA judgments expire after 10 years.

And even if that section doesn't apply, by the time you dispute the item it'll be January anyway and I doubt if there is any penalty for the entry not dropping off exactly to the day.

You might try renting at other places and find a place that's a bit more liberal about an eviction that old.

I agree that you should check your credit reports. It's possible that you have more recent negative entries that are being used against you.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community