The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

3rd degree Larceny in Connecticut

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:26 PM by ClydesMom. 2 replies.
  • Mon, Nov 30 2009 4:24 PM

• Mikehour
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 30 2009
    • CT
    • Posts 2

3rd degree Larceny in Connecticut

I have been charged with larceny in the 3rd degree in the state of connecticut along with burglary and conspiracy to commit larceny. I have been arrested once before for possession of marijuana and went through a program which nolled the case off my record.

The item i stole was returned with not damage to it. Am i looking at jail time here? What are the chances i will just get probation or community service? Please help

• Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:20 PM In reply to

• Mikehour
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 30 2009
    • CT
    • Posts 2

Re: 3rd degree Larceny in Connecticut

Do i have any hope of not going to jail are convicted of a felony?

I was also told i have no bond. Does this mean i have to stay in jail until my court date?
    Please help, im a 19 year old college student and i dont know what to do.

• Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:26 PM In reply to

Re: 3rd degree Larceny in Connecticut

"Do i have any hope of not going to jail are convicted of a felony?"

It isn't that there is no hope but with a prior conviction it is tougher.  You need a skilled attorney ASAP. 

"I was also told i have no bond. Does this mean i have to stay in jail until my court date?"

Yes.  If they don't set a bond then you stay in jail until court.  Again, skilled counsel can negotiate for bond.

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community