No Trespass

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 12-16-2009 10:42 AM by Ford. 5 replies.
  • 12-12-2009 6:33 PM

• BufsMom
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 2

No Trespass

I live in FL and have a neighbor who I have found it necessary (in 2005) to get a no trespass order against.

Recently he installed an alarm system and cameras at his home.  Unfortunately, he has one of the cameras aimed directly at my front door.  Does anyone know if this is a trespass, and if so, what can I do about it ??

Thank you for any info you can give.

• 12-12-2009 6:40 PM In reply to

Re: No Trespass

Sorry, it's not trespass and, as long as he doesn't step on to your property or aim it through your window, there's nothing you can do about it.

It's legal to aim your camera out in the open.

Besides, his camera is probably aimed to pick up the whole width of the street, not just your door.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 12-12-2009 6:49 PM In reply to

• BufsMom
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2009
    • FL
    • Posts 2

What about my privacy rights ??  He recently re-directed the camera to aim specifically across the street at my front door, and I am the only non-seasonal neighbor in direct line of the camera.  There is no doubt that the angle of the camera only picks up my home, and I am at the end of a dead end road.

• 12-12-2009 6:56 PM In reply to

Once you step out your front door you are in public.

Anybody who can see you with their eyes can take a picture of you.

By the way, there's another camera aimed at you besides your neighbor's.

It's on a satellite circling the earth.

Install Google Earth on your computer and put in your address and you'll see an aerial view of your property. You might even be in the photo. Scan around to nearby shopping center parking lots and you'll see people walking to and from their cars.

Nobody's got an privacy when you are out in the open.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 12-12-2009 8:06 PM In reply to

• DPH
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2001
    • TX
    • Posts 7,472

BufsMom:
    the camera to aim specifically across the street at my front door,

Have some high intensity lights installed that aim in the general direction of his camera.  The bright lights will interfere with the camera's ablity to record and might, over time, impact the video cameras ability to record properly.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."  -  Mark Twain

• 12-16-2009 10:42 AM In reply to

Front door isn't private . . .

Things that occur in a place that is viewable from any lawful vantage point are almost NEVER private.  Privacy rights are actually a whole lot less than people think they are.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community