Class Action against Title Max

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:47 PM by Taxagent. 3 replies.
  • Thu, Dec 24 2009 2:59 PM

• DHarrison
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 24 2009
    • TN
    • Posts 1

Class Action against Title Max

I feel Title Max lied to me and misrepresented the loan I took from them. I know Im not the only one and they need to be stopped. Maybe a nice settlement would improve  the way they treat people.

• Thu, Dec 24 2009 3:44 PM In reply to

Re: Class Action against Title Max

Didn't you thoroughly and carefully read the papers they put in front of you, and understand them, before you signed them?

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Thu, Dec 24 2009 4:49 PM In reply to

I think you would sooner be successful at bailing the entire ocean with a thimble.

The documents you signed likely gave them the right to do whatever it was they did.  Moral or not, it was more than likely legal. 

Places like this are for people in desperate need of $'s.  If you read the contract, it's probably just the legal side of loan shark.

I agree with you completely in the moral sense however.

• Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:47 PM In reply to

What is that the lender did that you think was improper? If the lender complied with the loan disclosures required by the federal Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA), then it will be at best a very hard case to make for fraud or misrepresentation.

Even if there is a claim here, it likely cannot be handled via a class action claim. One of the common requirements for a class action claim is that the plantiffs in the class must be similarly situated. Because each loan is different and the damages suffered by each plaintiff would vary, it may not be possible to satisfy that requirement here.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community