posting of work schedule / Changing work schedules

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 01-25-2010 1:22 AM by Vadgue.1026. 3 replies.
  • 01-24-2010 2:06 PM

• benji3477
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-24-2010
    • IL
    • Posts 1

posting of work schedule / Changing work schedules

Hi, I have come across an issue that I have never had before w/ an employer.  I've work for this company, that is located in Illinois, for 6 months now and recently there has been alot of management changes in the company at a store level.  Well since I have worked there they have always kept 4 weeks worth of schedule and apparently according to the district superviser are required by the company to keep 4 weeks up at all time.  The issue with this is they have recently started suddenly changing the work schedules after they are posted w/o letting the employees know in advance that they are being change and in some cases just a few days before the shift is scheduled to be worked. Now my question is, is it legal for an employer in IL (or any state for that matter) to change an employees work schedule once its been posted?  This causes a lot of issues with my family since both my fiance and I work and her work schedule is based around mine since we can not afford child care.  Any info on this including if it is illegal what the statute number is would be greatly appreciated.

• 01-24-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

• cbg
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-22-2000
    • MA
    • Posts 6,719

Re: posting of work schedule / Changing work schedules

There are no laws in any state addressing the posting or changing of work schedules. This is entirely an internal matter.

• 01-24-2010 2:31 PM In reply to

Re: posting of work schedule / Changing work schedules

It is legal in every state.  The law is silent on this matter.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community