Attorney Lied IN COURT

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 02-01-2010 1:31 AM by Vadgue.1026. 7 replies.
  • 01-31-2010 12:57 PM

Sad [:(] Attorney Lied IN COURT

I am the defendant in the proceeding, the lawyer is for the petitioner. this is in CA Family Law case

The Petitioner is my ex, My ex and i Now get along much better then we ever have. He made it clear to his lawyer he was talking with me to resolve our problems... His lawyer without his knowledge or consent filed an order to show cause on contempt against ME for us communicating (my ex initiated contact...) The judge did issue a No communcation order between us per his attorneys request, which my ex repeatedly asked his lawyer to stipulate to drop, and the lawyer refused/acted like it went in one ear and out the other...so he (my ex) initated contact anyways...we MUTUALLY agree to talk to resolve our problems....we are two adults (hes 30, im 25)

His lawyer chewed him out for trying to resolve our problems on our own. His lawyer even chewed ME out for my Exs Actions.. Nor will his attorney explain anything to me or my ex...

We had an Ex-parte Hearing on the OSC, His lawyer wouldnt even allow my ex to speak or to sit up in front of the judge, he had to sit in the audience. When the judge asked about us communicating, his lawyer outright DENIED any communication between us, which i spoke up and said we have been communicating for over a month. His lawyer told the judge he "assures him the parties are not communicating" That was a flat out lie and he knew it....and the lawyer cited me as "not credible" which is affecting ME in the case...(isnt that defamation?) ..the judge seems to listen to the lawyer over me...Judge has had a very biased attitude since we started this whole parentage ordeal..Ive got proof of my claims of us communicating (cell records, emails...witnesses...)

WIth his lawyers filing of the OSC for contempt, we are BOTH facing jail time for trying to resolve OUR problems for the CHILDS sake....thats not right, nor is it fair on either of us or the baby...

Ive never had an attorney, i cant afford it. Ive been at a disadvantage through the whole case. The judge is appointing a Public Defender for me, and an Attorney for the child along with threatening to remove the child from both of our care (which i have another child from a previous relationship it will affect too)...the judge was also threatening to do a mental evaluation on both parties...

This attorney is screwing everything up..i believe in greed. The attorney does not want my ex and i to resolve our problems on our own for the fact he wants $$$... the lawyer is intentionally breaking up our family...the lawyer is calling the shots and not his client, he refuses to listen to the client...and my ex is very easily manipulated, and i think hes giving bad advice to him...As soon as my exs attorney found out we were talking, working out our problems he filed the OSC papers without my ex's consent..

As the third party, can i file a malpractice suit? A complaint with the state bar?

I have proof of my ex not knowing about the OSC, I have proof of my ex TELLING his attorney we are resolving our problems..I also have witnesses to corrberate it (spelling??)..ive got it in writing too...and obviously there is court records of the ex-parte hearing where the attorney lied....i have it in writing that my ex knew nothing about what was going on...so what can i do?

• 01-31-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Attorney Lied IN COURT

No, you can't sue for malpractice because he's not your lawyer.

And, frankly, a complaint to the Bar will be useless because he's representing his client.

JENNIFER805:
    This attorney is screwing everything up..i believe in greed. The attorney does not want my ex and i to resolve our problems on our own for the fact he wants $$... the lawyer is intentionally breaking up our family...the lawyer is calling the shots and not his client, he refuses to listen to the client...and my ex is very easily manipulated, and i think hes giving bad advice to him...As soon as my exs attorney found out we were talking, working out our problems he filed the OSC papers without my ex's consent..

That's exactly how divorce laywers represent their clients.

And you are very naive if you think for a minute that your ex isn't going along with the lawyer willingly and just telling you something different to keep you off his case.

If your ex was really at odds with the attorney he'd fire him.

Since he's not firing him, he's not at odds with him despite your perception.

Sorry, but if you aren't able to get your own lawyer, you are at the mercy of your ex and his lawyer.

And please stop believing what your ex tells you. As long as he doesn't fire his lawyer he's the one lying to you. And your naivete is your doom.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 01-31-2010 2:11 PM In reply to

We were NOT married...it was only a parentage case (establishing parental relationship/dna testing).

we WANT to get married... My ex has flat out told his attorney that right in front of his family...But the attorney is not allowing him to do anything he wants to do..but even on this website, it states the client should be making the shots about legal proceedings...

My ex doesnt understand Attorney Motivations...or the Attorney-client relationship.... its like trying to explain it to a wall....Had this been my attorney, i would have fired him...Everyone is trying to make him see what this attorney is causing.. Its causing more pain to both our families...its causing more money to be spent (without client consent)...everyone is telling him to fire him...he complains about the attorney charging all these outrageous fees... he complains about everything...but he wont do anything for himself.

He thinks the attorney is the "law" andf the judge is the "law" and what they say must be right and that he has no right to speak up and voice his concerns or what he wants and he has to go by what they are telling him... from my understanding, attorneys and judges are just upholding/interpreting the law...Judges are prior attorneys..

i dont know how else to explain anything to my ex...so we can raise our child..

I have things in writing about what my ex is telling me, his family, and my family... Hes even flat out said things in front of all of us about what he wants...

but yet why would he tell his attorney differently (or the attorney is misunderstanding him...)

• 01-31-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

Look, I went through the same thing with my ex-wife during our divorce.

Once she hired her attorney the attorney called the shots and fanned the flames.

She went right along with all of it until she ran up a bill of about 20,000. Then she choked and fired him.

Once she was able to think for herself, we settled.

JENNIFER805:
    My ex doesnt understand Attorney Motivations...or the Attorney-client relationship.... its like trying to explain it to a wall....Had this been my attorney, i would have fired him...Everyone is trying to make him see what this attorney is causing.. Its causing more pain to both our families...its causing more money to be spent (without client consent)...everyone is telling him to fire him...he complains about the attorney charging all these outrageous fees... he complains about everything...but he wont do anything for himself. He thinks the attorney is the "law" andf the judge is the "law" and what they say must be right and that he has no right to speak up and voice his concerns or what he wants and he has to go by what they are telling him... from my understanding, attorneys and judges are just upholding/interpreting the law...Judges are prior attorneys..

And that's somebody you want to marry?

Won't be long till you are back in family court getting divorced.

Wake up.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 01-31-2010 2:58 PM In reply to

Unfortuneately Yea i do want to marry him... :(...I just dont know how to get him to see and think for himself... Hes basically doing what sounds like your ex did, going right along with whatever the attorney suggests, but according to him and his family he had no prior knowledge of any osc/ex-parte hearing... he hadnt even talked to his attorney in a couple weeks due to him not returning phone calls.

hes either lying to me and his whole family/my family...or lying to his attorney...

• 01-31-2010 3:08 PM In reply to

I agree with Jack:  he is lying to you.  You REALLY need to stop and ask yourself if you need to be married to someone who at best is spineless and worst a liar. 

"That's just my opinion, then again I might be wrong."  Dennis Miller

• 01-31-2010 5:03 PM In reply to

Thank you :) i needed to hear it from someone else... He has no backbone :( i dont know if he realizes hes lying or not..

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community