My boss is bullying me and harassing me to quit

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 02-22-2010 10:04 PM by Cica. 4 replies.
  • 02-22-2010 3:40 PM

• strawrae
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2010
    • MN
    • Posts 1

My boss is bullying me and harassing me to quit

I'm a nursing home social worker and on Friday my boss said to me that i hated my job, said I take it your interviews haven't gone well, why did your last administrator not like you?  you are an insigator, you need to stop your whining, why are you here, you need to quit...  we have an interim Director Of Nursing from corporate who wittnessed it all and was actually brought to tears after she left he room b/c she was so appauled at how I was treated.  Do you think I could qualify for unemployment citing a hostile work environment?  I also have talked with corporate HR as well...I'm not sure how they will assist yet.  Thanks...PS I'm in MN.  One of my ex coworkers received unemployment from her as well d/t a similiar situation.

• 02-22-2010 4:36 PM In reply to

Re: My boss is bullying me and harassing me to quit

strawrae:
    Do you think I could qualify for unemployment citing a hostile work environment?

I wouldn't count on it.

Unfortunately, what you call a hostile work environment is not a hostile work environment in a "legal" sense. An actionable hostile work environment involves discriminatory behavior on the basis of sex, race, disability.

strawrae:
    One of my ex coworkers received unemployment from her as well d/t a similiar situation.

I wouldn't count on that being any guarantee that you will get it too.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 02-22-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

No - that is not what is meant by a hostile work environment.

• 02-22-2010 6:13 PM In reply to

• Drew
      Consumer
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2000
    • PA
    • Posts 48,974

NO--odds are heavy if boss drives you to cry and quit you do NOT qualify for UC--do not go there--bevelop a thick skin instead---

• 02-22-2010 10:04 PM In reply to

• Cica
      Consumer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-23-2003
    • Posts 6,519

You are certain that your corporate DON was "brought to tears" over the way you were treated, and not because of a personal issue she had?  Were I the relative of one of the patients witnessing that, I'd be searching for a new nursing home.  Though her supposed compassion is nice with regard to employees, my relative would take precedence.

strawrae:
    my boss said to me that i hated my job, said I take it your interviews haven't gone well, why did your last administrator not like you? you are an insigator, you need to stop your whining, why are you here, you need to quit.

That's a bunch of meaningless drivel.  Did she support her statements by giving you examples of situations?  Did you ask her to emphasize?  Did you try to determine why she has these conclusions?

These statements alone don't establish an HWE.  The boss does not have to like you.  She may not illegally discriminate against you.

UC is determined case-by-case.  The likelihood that you would receive it because you are not happy, and quit, is rather remote.  If I were in a similar situation, I would attempt to discuss the circumstance with her on a personal and professional level.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community