The Lawyers.com Law Forums will be shutting down on June 30, 2017. We encourage you to resolve any outstanding discussions prior to that time. If you have any questions about this change, please email info@martindale.com.

J-Waiver based on "No Objection" Statement with US funding

Latest post Thu, May 25 2017 4:05 PM by haris123. 52 replies.
  • Thu, May 19 2011 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: J-Waiver based on "No Objection" Statement with US fundi...

My firm has had some success with such waivers, however I agree with the embassy, "some people get it, some people don't."  It is probably helpful to have it prepared by an attorney and most don't charge a great deal for the waiver request.

Regards,

Nick Misiti

212 537 4407

www.misitiglobal.com&n...

• Mon, Dec 26 2011 12:44 PM In reply to

• DrSMjh
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 26 2011
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Re: J-Waiver based on "No Objection" Statement with US funding

Annita, where are you from and what's happening with your application now?

DrSMjh12

• Mon, Dec 26 2011 12:46 PM In reply to

• DrSMjh
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Hi Nick,

Can you share some of the success stories and how much is the charge? Thanks!!

• Mon, Dec 26 2011 12:49 PM In reply to

• DrSMjh
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • OH
    • Posts 3

Hi Casp97,

Can you share the NOS letter, plz! Thanks!

• Tue, Dec 27 2011 12:42 PM In reply to

• Annita
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 20 2010
    • KS
    • Posts 7

Re: J-Waiver based on "No Objection" Statement with US funding

Hi DrSMjh,

I am still on the academic training (similar to OPT) and I still have a year and half left. I am planning to apply for the waiver in the summer.

How about you?

• Thu, May 25 2017 4:12 AM In reply to

• kipros123
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 25 2017
    • Posts 1

Γεια σου, Χάρη,

I am writing to you as a former CASP scholar who is going through the J1 Waiver process. I would enormously appreciate your input on a couple of questions. It's probably a blast from the past but I could really use the advice of someone who can understand me!

A little about me: I am a Cypriot and was under J1 2009-2014. I left the U.S. in 2014 to begin working in another EU country at a large, multinational company. I got an opportunity to transfer to the company's U.S. offices but J1 is blocking me. The company's attorneys cannot help with J1 waiver. I already submitted the waiver request to the Waiver Division but I fear I didn't do a good job with it. My questions are: -For sponsor views, did you proactively reach out to USAID to ask them to support you? If so, what did you ask from them? (I mention USAID because I believe they were the sponsor of CASP, whereas Fulbright was just the administrator. I might be wrong.) -What did you outline in your statement of reason? -Did you send supporting documents and if so, what kind? Did you mail these yourself or does the writer of each supporting letter have to send them to the Waiver Division?  Σ'ευχαριστώ και να'σαι καλά!

• Thu, May 25 2017 12:57 PM In reply to

• DOCAR
      Lawyer
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 9 2000
    • NV
    • Posts 5,479

If you have a question, please start your own thread rather than reviving a 6 year old thread, that the poster has not returned to in 6 years  and expect an answer.

• Thu, May 25 2017 4:05 PM In reply to

• haris123
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 16 2010
    • VA
    • Posts 14

Γεια σου, Κύπρο,

About sponsor views, I asked AMIDEAST that they were administrating my scholarship in the US, they told me that they would recommend against the waiver.

On my statement of reason I stated the purpose of my scholarship that was to bring more skills and economic benefit to Cyprus. I made the case that according to a certain US government list that Cyprus wasn't in need of the skills anymore and that I would better serve Cyprus if I returned under my own terms and not be forced to go to Cyprus risking unemployment. I also showed ties to Cyprus through family property.

BTW, in the event you don't get the waiver, any time spend in Cyprus (e.g. vacations that you probably took) counts towards the 2-year requirement. Some people get to the US through special visas and go back to Cyprus and work remotely for 2-3 months a year until they fulfill the two years. But hopefully, it will not get to that.

Καλη επιτυχία!

Page 4 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

My Community

Community Membership Search Community