Hurt at therapy.. Who is responsible?? work or therapy??

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post 05-06-2010 10:49 PM by Marc B. Stookal. 4 replies.
  • 04-24-2010 12:16 AM

• cprchamp
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2010
    • IL
    • Posts 2

Hurt at therapy.. Who is responsible?? work or therapy??

Hello. I was hurt at work and was in therapy for my knee.. The therapist put me on a machine I have used before but added more weight... The machine went above my head and instead of letting it go with the weight 8 feet, i held on to it and hurt my back.... Im still in pain with my back.. No mri yet, but I want one... Who is responsible for this?? Is work or the place I had therapy??? I dont have an attorney yet.. But i have filed the paperwork myself so far with the IWCC... Just looking for help... and who is responsible... Been out 6 months so far with my knee.. Help me if you can.. Thanks

• 04-24-2010 12:30 AM In reply to

Re: Hurt at therapy.. Who is responsible?? work or therapy??

Seems to me that you'd potentially have a separate negligence claim against the therapist for the back injury and it wouldn't be part of the workers comp claim.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • 04-26-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

• cprchamp
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-23-2010
    • IL
    • Posts 2

Hello. I used machine before and knew how to use the machine. The weight had increased from previous uses. I was on a life fittness machine with a pully system. I was walking out 16 feet forward and then 16 feet backwards. With the 75 pounds. While walking backwards with arms straight out at mid chest level, It just went higher than before and I couldnt catch it in time. I should have let it go, but there was another person in front of me on the floor doing stretching. It would have not hit anyone, but I just didnt let go. Didnt think about that till it was too late. The therapist was not there. It was me and another person just working out on the floor. All other people were in the office. I was not physically attached, but it was in front of me and the only way out of the macine was to crawl under the unit after using it. The machine was not knee specific, but total body specific. Hope this helps.. Any other questions let me know.

• 05-06-2010 10:49 PM In reply to

cprchamp:

If you are injured while treating for a compensable injury that new, additional injury is part of your claim.  You may be able to obtain additional medical, lost time benefits (TTD) and permanent disability benefits.

The crucial element is notice to the therapist of the new condition caused by the exercise in question.

Please feel free to write or contact for further information.

Marc B. Stookal

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community