Copies of Time Cards

Previous | Next
 rated by 0 users
Latest post Wed, May 12 2010 7:07 PM by adjuster jack. 7 replies.
  • Tue, May 11 2010 4:01 PM

• Dabber4
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • MI
    • Posts 2

Question [=?] Copies of Time Cards

Do currently employed employees have a right to get copies of their time cards in Michigan?

• Tue, May 11 2010 10:11 PM In reply to

Re: Copies of Time Cards

The only state I can think of that requires this is California.  Even if Michigan does allow employees to get copies of their personnel file, time cards aren't normally part of that file.

What is the problem?  Do you feel you have not been paid for all time worked?

• Wed, May 12 2010 12:00 AM In reply to

Dabber4:
    Do currently employed employees have a right to get copies of their time cards in Michigan?

Yes.

Option 1 - Put it on the copying machine before you turn it in.

Option 2 - Carry a cel phone that takes pictures.

Option 3 - There are cheap digital cameras for 50 bucks that will do the trick.

If your employer is giving you a hard time about seeing the old ones, you can at least copy your time cards going forward.

• The right of the people 
    • to keep and bear arms,
    • shall not be infringed.
  • Wed, May 12 2010 6:59 AM In reply to

• Dabber4
      Consumer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • MI
    • Posts 2

There's a new time keeper and a change in the way they do things.  They used to transfer hours to an individual time sheet and calculate hours on it.  It had a place for us to sign.  Now, hours are calculated on the time card itself and there is no individual time sheet.  As with anything "new", people are skeptical and want to make a copy of their time card, but now they're asking why and talking about not letting us make copies.  We can write it down, but do they really want all of us standing around doing that all the time?  We get paid every two weeks, so there's 10 days of hours to write down.  It's so much easier to just make a copy of the time card! 

• Wed, May 12 2010 9:14 AM In reply to

Dabber4:
    It's so much easier to just make a copy of the time card! 

Then, on the tenth day when you put in your final entry, photograph it secretly and don't concern yourself with what everybody else is doing.

• to keep and bear arms,
  • Wed, May 12 2010 7:07 PM In reply to

Vadgue.1026:

Or - Keep a 3x5 card in your pocket and write down what time you start each day and what time you clock out - it takes 10 seconds to do it when you first clock in vs 3 minutes after 2 weeks.

Put a date on the 3x5 card and file it at home then compare it to your paycheck - if they match then you are good. If not then you can question your supervisor at that time.

The risk there is that (if the employer is engaging in hanky panky in the first place) the employer would say "Well, that's what you wrote there, but that's not what you wrote on the time card and I'll just pay you for what I say is on the time card and not show it to you because I'm the boss."

Personally, I'd go with the photocopy or photo.

• to keep and bear arms,
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

My Community

Community Membership New Users: Search Community